You can fully automate the data entry of any or all components by getting some of your other systems to feed data directly to Opal3 (e.g., your financial system, your HR system, or your project management system). You can do this via our standard Application Programming Interface (API), or via file uploads (Excel, csv or tsv format). If need be, we can also build a customised solution for you.
1. Opal3 has a dedicated Templated Reports function. You can use your pre-formatted MSWord and Excel files in combination with Opal3 "mailmerge" codes to produce your regular formal reports.
2. Opal3 screens have been designed to copy/paste cleanly to MSWord documents.
3. Your browser print function can be used to produce clean output from your report screens straight to paper or or to pdf files.
4. You can specify Opal3 outputs as straight MS Excel (xlsx) format or delimited (comma, tab or pipe) format.
You can generate any number of reports using any of your own paramaters (e.g., by strategic objectives, business groups, teams, work streams, individuals, etc.) and filters (e.g., only those that are off target). If you need to create a particular report repeatedly (e.g., for monthly management meetings), you only have to set up the report once. You can then save the set-up of the report specification into a drop-down menu. The next time you need it, a single click will re-create the report with the most recent data and information.
Nothing is ever really deleted. Even if you do manage to delete crucial data AND you can't restore it, it’s easy to get it back. We keep multiple backups in up to hourly intervals. Special arrangements are also possible.
There are four ways to do this.
1. You can fully automate the data entry by getting some of your other systems to feed data directly to Opal3 (e.g., your financial system, your HR system, or your project management system).
2. As a super user you can provide data to all indicators via a dedicated spreadsheet import.
3. Users who have to provide input to many indicators can use our MS Excel-based import functionality to update all of their indicators at the same time, every time.
4. Data can be entered manually indicator by indicator. In general, users don't have more than around 10 indicators to report on in any given month, so the time required to do this is negligible, especially if things are going as planned or better.
You can access your Opal3 site with any modern internet browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and device, including the iPad. You simply point it in the direction of your Opal3 site (normally something like https://YourCompanyName.opal3.com).
The initial contract period varies between one and three years, and depends on the level of our up-front commitment of resources.
Opal3 is hosted on our servers, so you don’t need any space on yours. All you need is normal broadband access to the internet.
Alternative arrangements can also be made.
If you have a well-defined strategy and objectives, you can set up your Opal3 framework very quickly. The time required to populate the framework with performance measures depends on the quality of your corporate information. If you have solid performance measures and targets, you will be able to do this very quickly. Even one of our larger Enterprise level clients was able to do the job within a week. More usually though, large organizations might like to set aside up to a month for construction, socialization and population, and another one for training and implementation. Smaller organizations can be up and running much faster.
Setup fees vary with the size and nature of the implementation. Please contact us to find out more.